Wilshire Hospice Hope Chest
Wilshire Hospice Hope Chest is San Luis Obispo’s Ultimate Thrift store. Conveniently located Downtown San Luis Obispo at 445 Higuera Street, at the corner of Higuera and Carmel Streets, we pride ourselves on great thrift store quality, supported by local volunteers, and driven by the mission to help people live a better life. Hope Chest proceeds go to assisting uninsured and underinsured Wilshire Hospice patients and their families. Together we can make a difference in the quality of life for patients in need on the Central Coast.
Donation Protocol During the Pandemic
Thank you so much for thinking of the Wilshire Hospice Hope Chest Thrift Store for your gently used donations. We are grateful for your continued support during this time. As a result of COVID-19, our donation policies have changed. Please read them carefully so that we can work together to process your donations:
RE-OPENING DATE FOR SHOPPERS
We are currently closed for shopping, however we are hoping to re-open soon. Please continue to check our website or Instagram page (below) for that announcement. It is likely that shopping times and policies will change per new COVID-19 safety policies.
RE-OPENING DATES & TIMES FOR DONATIONS
We are accepting donations every Tuesday and Thursday from 10am-2pm, by appointment only. Please continue to check our website for any date, time or policy changes.
DONATION BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
At this time, we are currently only taking donations by appointment. For your safety and ours, this allows donors to safely donate in their designated appointment slot without having to wait in a line. You can schedule an appointment by calling (805) 545-5955. We will do our best to return your call within 24 hours. Please have grace with our staff as we navigate high phone call volumes
HOW TO PACKAGE YOUR ITEMS FOR SAFE DONATING
1. Package your items in cardboard boxes, paper bags, plastic bags or plastic bins.
2. Categorize items together i.e.: clothing, glassware, books, kitchenware, housewares, etc.
3. Please donate items that are gently used and in working condition. We respectfully ask that items be clean, including: no tear rips, stains, fluids, pet damage etc. We especially will not accept donations with visible bodily fluids.
DROP-OFF PROCESS FOR DONATIONS
1. A properly worn mask is required of both staff and donor in the donation drop-off process.
2. For your safety, there will be a designated and marked drop-off site that will allow for contactless donation drop-offs.
3. We are unable to assist donors in transferring their items from their car. Please bring an extra person or two if you need help lifting items.
Thank you for honoring this donation process, while continuing to support our thrift store and the mission of the work at Wilshire Hospice. Our goal is to keep staff, volunteers, customers and donors safe while we work together to serve the community. Our motto is “whistle while we work” and we want to remain positive during this difficult time so please bear with us. We appreciate your continued support!
We’re on Instagram
Follow the Hope Chest on Instagram to see new and fun items as they come into the store!
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.